1st Time Interview

Hey there!
On September 12th, I had my very first job interview. Man, was I nervous! It was scheduled for 2 pm at this small company just a hop, skip, and a jump away from my place. I was going for an operator position.

When I got there, they whisked me into the manager's office. They handed me a bunch of forms to fill out and then hit me with a five-page picture quiz to do in just 20 minutes. The person interviewing me seemed a bit surprised because, you see, I applied with my engineering degree. Turns out, they thought the operator gig might be too tough for someone like me. Then they took me out to the workshop to give me a peek at what the job would actually be like. Let me tell you, it was nothing like what I expected. I'd worked in a factory before, but this place was like a sauna! There were like 6 or 7 other women operators, and the boss, Mr. Lim, mentioned you don't really need any fancy qualifications for the job. But then he said they'd keep my info on file just in case something else came up. I left feeling pretty relieved because, honestly, I couldn't imagine working in that heat.

Fast forward to yesterday. I had a lazy morning, dozed off again around 10 am, and when I finally woke up at 3 pm, my phone was blowing up with missed calls from that same company. I figured something must be up, so I called them back. Turns out, they were offering me a second interview for a new role they'd just created: Production Assistant. I was totally caught off guard! I agreed to come in, thinking it was just to discuss things, but it turned out to be the real deal. I was definitely not prepared—I mean, I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt! Luckily, the guy was pretty chill and just gave me the lowdown on the job.

Basically, it's like being the CEO's right-hand person, handling all the paperwork and whatnot. I guess they didn't have a secretary or something. I was feeling a whole mix of emotions: nervous, excited, and kinda overwhelmed. It was crazy because this opportunity came out of nowhere! So, even though inside I was freaking out a bit because I've been chilling at home, I agreed to start on Monday.

Wish me luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Phone Call

Pandora Box (part 2)

27th Chapter