The Last Phone Call

After he walked away that day, I couldn't shake the feeling that I needed to give it one more shot. I hated myself for feeling so desperate, but I just couldn't let go. To my surprise, he agreed to try to fix things. But then, out of the blue, he backed out, saying there was nothing to fix. I called him up, hoping for some clarity, and he hit me with the bombshell: he felt unnecessary.

I had a sinking feeling in my gut that maybe the other girl he'd been eyeing had responded. I mean, I saw it coming, but it still shattered my heart into a million pieces. I started rambling on about stuff that didn't even matter, acting like we were in some kind of real relationship. And then, I said the dumbest thing ever: "Hope you treat that other girl better." Like, seriously? Why was I giving him advice on how to treat someone else? I needed to let him be.

Then he hit me with it: "I release you." Those words cut deep. We had something special, you know? And this was the first time I'd ever felt this emotionally attached to someone. He told me to toss out his stuff from my place, and then, just like that, he unfollowed me on every social media platform. It felt like a punch to the gut.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pandora Box (part 2)

27th Chapter