Brave or idiot?
I've always been the type to wait for my crush to make the first move, like any typical girl. But as I've grown older, I've realized that's not always how life works, especially if you're not conventionally pretty or approachable. Sadly, I don't fit that mold. I'm not the prettiest girl around, and my resting-bitch-face-syndrome tends to scare people off.
Then, I noticed this guy around late December, just before final exams. He was tall and had a Chinese look that caught my eye. It was love at first sight, or so I thought. I decided to do some detective work and added him on Facebook after getting his name from a few friends who were in the same class.
In late February, I got a notification that he'd started a new Instagram account. So, I took the plunge and followed him, and he actually requested to follow me back.
But one day, I decided I needed to move on and end these feelings. I stumbled upon a tweet about approaching your crush and seeing what happens, even if rejection is a possibility. So, I mustered up the courage and slid a "Hi?" into his DMs. And you know what? He replied.
Just "Hai?" but those three letters were enough to drive me insane. Totally unexpected.
To be continued...
Comments